- What are Refinements? What are Refinement Meetings?
- Not enough Refinements
- Too many Refinements
- Too detailed Refinements
- No consideration of DoR
- No preparation by PO
- Not all Team Members participate
- No Common Understanding
- Forced closure
INFO: This article is part of the series on agile anti-patterns.
Here is the entire series.
Agile Anti-Pattern Series:
- General Agile Anti-Patterns
- Daily Scrum/ Daily Standup Anti-Patterns
- Sprint Anti-Patterns Part I
- Sprint Anti-Patterns Part II
- Sprint Anti-Patterns Part III
- Backlog Anti-Patterns Part I
- Backlog-Anti-Patterns Part II
- Sprint Review Anti Patterns Part I
- Sprint Review Anti Patterns Part II
- Sprint Review Anti Patterns Part III
- Retrospective Anti Patterns Part I
- Retrospective Anti Patterns Part II
- Retrospective Anti Patterns Part III
- Sprint Planning Anti-Patterns Part I
- Sprint Planning Anti-Patterns Part II
- Sprint Planning Anti-Patterns Part III
- Role Anti-Patterns Part I
- Role Anti-Patterns Part II
- Role Anti-Patterns Part III
- Role Anti-Patterns Part IV
If you don’t want to miss any updates on this series click the Follow button.
What are Refinements? What are Refinement Meetings?
The Scrum Guide doesn’t define Refinement Meetings as an additional Scrum Event, but it mentions the need of refining Backlog Items.
Scrum Guide 2020: